Located off Highway 14, Autauga Place sits at the historic crossroad of Autauga Street and Academy Street. The house was built by Swift Creek Mills Co. in 1896. It was first sold to Dr. Snow in January of 1901, then to Dr. Tankersley in 1906. Dr. Shanks bought it in January of 1917, and the Shanks’ family continued to reside in it until 2009
Karen and Ricky Tucker purchased the house in January of 2009, and immediately began renovations. The House was opened August 2009 as Autauga Place.
In February of 2017 GRAND PAW'S Barn was started. It is built with reclaimed lumber from Ricky Tucker Great Grand Father barn off of County Road 9 in Autauga County. The new barn has lots of special features and most of those were built from the lumber and tin from the old barn. GRAND PAW'S BARN is 40 x 60 feet [2400 square feet] it has a Great Room that is 48 x 40 with a real wood burning fireplace and we keep wood on site. We have 3 large bath rooms with sliding barn doors one is a Family bathroom and the other two bathrooms have 2 stalls each. All the bathroom decorated with horse collar mirrors and galvanized sinks and lots of extras. Grand Paw's Barn also has a 400 lb. ice machine, and projector with 100" screen. We have wood tables that are made out of wire spools they all have wheels for easy moving. It also has lots of antiques that are from different farms and from our family we have a story to tell about each one and who it came from. Call and set appointment to come out and take a tour.
334-365-3469 or 334-315-3722